The activity of Propolis M.E.D. ® was investigated against a large panel of microorganisms (fungi and bacteria) that affect women’s intimate area.
We have focused on beneficial microorganisms present in normal vaginal flora:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus (ND786),
- paracasei (L16939),
- gasseri (ND787),
- plantarum (L19);
and on microorganisms that possibly develop and overgrow in case of local pH increasing and that
contribute to vaginal dysbiosis and infections:
- Candida albicans (ATCC24443, ATCC90028),
- Candida guillermondi (ATCC6260),
- Candida parapsilosis (ATCC22019),
- Candida kruzei (L2280);
- Atopobium vaginae, (ND736, ND737),
- Gardnerella vaginalis (L1629, L1622, L1630),
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae (L1600, L1601, L15993).